Role: Customer Insight Analyst
Location: UK (Remote-First) - Occasional travel to London required.
Recently listed as a "RegTech Top Performer" in Market Fintech's RegTech Supplier Performance Report, CUBE is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.
We are a global RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform, powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology, to simplify the complex and everchanging world of compliance for our clients.
CUBE is creating the future and are a company rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities. We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.
RegPlatform is an Enterprise grade technology platform that streamlines regulatory change management. It provides firms with a one-stop, continuously maintained inventory of global regulations, with effortless horizon scanning, integration capabilities and workflow management. RegPlatform combines industry leading AI technology with expert validated insights to simplify the complexities of multi-jurisdictional regulatory content.
RegAssure caters for nimble, lean financial organizations that want assured, seamless compliance without the burden of set-up costs and implementation processes. RegAssure provides fast, automated regulatory intelligence that intuitively knows your business needs and can grow with you.
We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. You’ll be consulting with clients across the three lines of defence on how best to establish and optimise compliance, risk management and internal control frameworks through the use of CUBE’s RegPlatform.
- Conduct detailed data analysis to identify trends on the regulatory content applicable to specific customers
- Provide clients with data-driven advice on optimising profiling decisions and content relevance
- Nurture client relationships to achieve service expectations and business outcomes
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years’ experience in data analysis.
- Experience working with data models, regulatory mapping, data lineage, etc
- Highly proficient with both Excel and SQL
- Ability to articulate conclusions from deep data analysis into clear and easy-to-understand messages
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks would be a distinct advantage. We would value deep domain expertise in regulatory obligations for banks and insurance firms
- Prior experience working in consulting firms delivering advisory services would also be a great advantage
- Ability to produce and deliver high quality technical analysis, using excellent oral / written communication skills and demonstrating breadth and depth of knowledge
- Solutions-driven mindset and problem-solving skills
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Ability to build trust by doing the right thing and commitment to rigorous professional standards
- Organised and passionate about building and delivering customer-centric propositions
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong collaboration across a wide spectrum of colleagues, including internationally. A proven track record of working with offshore teams would be a major benefit.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems, apply critical thinking, and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
🌍 Globally, we are one of a kind!
CUBE is a well-established player in Regtech (we were around before Regtech was even a thing!), and our category-defining product is used by leading financial institutions around the world (including Revolut, Citi, and HSBC). We cover over 5,000 issuing bodies in 712 jurisdictions across 180 countries. Substantially more than our closest competitors.
🗽 Freedom, flexibility & progression.
We are the market leader within Regtech, and yet we are constantly evolving and you will have a significant influence over how we develop moving forwards. We will help you realise your full potential and grow into leadership positions across CUBE.
🗣️Internationally collaborative culture
CUBE has more than 300 CUBERs across 11 locations in Europe, the Americas and APAC and we are united by our strong team-oriented culture. You will have the opportunity to work with likeminded colleagues from all over the world, gaining exposure to different cultures and business practices.
🌱 Innovative & meaningful work
We are always exploring new technologies and innovations that can help clients solve complex problems. If you’re someone seeking the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and work on challenging projects that have a real impact then we want to hear from you!
💻 Work life balance
CUBE is a remote first business, you'll be able to design your home office and choose your own work equipment. Unable to work from home one week, or desperate for in-person interaction with colleagues? No problem—book a room in a coworking space or join one of our department monthly team meets (they’re happening all the time!).
🤝 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We believe in equal opportunities and encourage applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, neurodiversity, sexual orientation and/or age and are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is supported to be their authentic best selves.
At CUBE we do our best to implement inclusive hiring processes to build a culture where we value diversity. We are a values driven company who care about growth and learning, therefore recognise we still have long way to go from where we want to be in regards to DE&I.
As part of the application, we ask for personal data for our internal diversity and inclusion bench-marking, so that we can tailor our DE&I strategies and identify opportunities to improve as a business.