Role: Senior Data Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
Recently listed as a "RegTech Top Performer" in Market Fintech's RegTech Supplier Performance Report, CUBE is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.
We are a global RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform, powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology, to simplify the complex and everchanging world of compliance for our clients.
CUBE is creating the future and are a company rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities. We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.
RegPlatform is an Enterprise grade technology platform that streamlines regulatory change management. It provides firms with a one-stop, continuously maintained inventory of global regulations, with effortless horizon scanning, integration capabilities and workflow management. RegPlatform combines industry leading AI technology with expert validated insights to simplify the complexities of multi-jurisdictional regulatory content.
RegAssure caters for nimble, lean financial organizations that want assured, seamless compliance without the burden of set-up costs and implementation processes. RegAssure provides fast, automated regulatory intelligence that intuitively knows your business needs and can grow with you.
- Establish a strong data architecture in GCP for the backend of AI/ML/DS Services
supporting a SaaS product.
- Build cost-efficient, low latency data pipelines into and within GCP.
- Represent the interests of the RegBrain AI team in the establishment of a global
data strategy at CUBE.
- Assist ML engineering team to build SOTA applications on structured and unstructured data, at scale, by providing fitted data solutions
- Ensure seamless integration of RegBrain’s product features to analytics via CUBE’s
- Continuously educate the ML team regarding best data practices
- Ensure reliability, completeness and quality of datasets replicated from internal
- Own the data governance needs of RegBrain, educate the ML Engineers on the
- Improve and manage ETL/ELT pipelines to the graph database(s) supporting
CUBE's Knowledge Graph.
- Create, orchestrate and monitor strong ETL pipelines for core datasets in the
business from on-prem to GCP.
- Build monitoring solutions for data quality within GCP, with reporting to management stakeholders.
- Support creation, orchestration and monitoring of data pipelines to graph database
- Support the establishment of a data catalogue.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure team to ensure seamless creation of needed
- Manage data lifecycle and operational costs.
What we’re looking for:
- Cloud champion. You must have extensive experience in GCP specifically. None of
the secrets of BigQuery, DataFlow, Pub/Sub, Composer etc... elude you. You can
quickly decide which solution is suited to a given use case.
- You are at ease with all the tools in GCP: CloudSQLBigQuery,DataFlow/Fusion/Proc, Cloud Composer.
- A specialist in their domain. You must be able to identify CUBE/RegBrain's needs, communicate planned solutions efficiently and carry them out.
-> You must be able to deal with:
-> data transport
-> Message Buses
-> Data cleansing, esp. for textual data.
- You not only merely think about data as bytes to be moved around, but as valuable information about the real world.
- You are proactive. We will be relying on you to set the standards and raise them. Your work should enable others in the team.
- An appetite for leadership. When the team grows from its success, you must be
eager to assist its composition and lead more junior data engineers.
- A can-do attitude. As a mid-size company, pragmatism is key. We need to enable
short iteration cycles within the ML team while slowly establishing strong data foundations for its future growth.
- You like working remotely as much as in-person
🌍 Globally, we are one of a kind!
CUBE is a well-established player in Regtech (we were around before Regtech was even a thing!), and our category-defining product is used by leading financial institutions around the world (including Revolut, Citi, and HSBC). We cover over 5,000 issuing bodies in 712 jurisdictions across 180 countries. Substantially more than our closest competitors.
🗽 Freedom, flexibility & progression.
We are the market leader within Regtech, and yet we are constantly evolving and you will have a significant influence over how we develop moving forwards. We will help you realise your full potential and grow into leadership positions across CUBE.
🗣️Internationally collaborative culture
CUBE has more than 300 CUBERs across 11 locations in Europe, the Americas and APAC and we are united by our strong team-oriented culture. You will have the opportunity to work with likeminded colleagues from all over the world, gaining exposure to different cultures and business practices.
🌱 Innovative & meaningful work
We are always exploring new technologies and innovations that can help clients solve complex problems. If you’re someone seeking the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and work on challenging projects that have a real impact then we want to hear from you!
💻 Work life balance
CUBE is a remote first business, you'll be able to design your home office and choose your own work equipment. Unable to work from home one week, or desperate for in-person interaction with colleagues? No problem—book a room in a coworking space or join one of our department monthly team meets (they’re happening all the time!).
🤝 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We believe in equal opportunities and encourage applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, neurodiversity, sexual orientation and/or age and are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is supported to be their authentic best selves.
At CUBE we do our best to implement inclusive hiring processes to build a culture where we value diversity. We are a values driven company who care about growth and learning, therefore recognise we still have long way to go from where we want to be in regards to DE&I.
As part of the application, we ask for personal data for our internal diversity and inclusion bench-marking, so that we can tailor our DE&I strategies and identify opportunities to improve as a business.