Role: NLP Research Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
Recently listed as a "RegTech Top Performer" in Market Fintech's RegTech Supplier Performance Report, CUBE is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.
We are a global RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform, powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology, to simplify the complex and everchanging world of compliance for our clients.
CUBE is creating the future and are a company rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities. We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.
RegPlatform is an Enterprise grade technology platform that streamlines regulatory change management. It provides firms with a one-stop, continuously maintained inventory of global regulations, with effortless horizon scanning, integration capabilities and workflow management. RegPlatform combines industry leading AI technology with expert validated insights to simplify the complexities of multi-jurisdictional regulatory content.
RegAssure caters for nimble, lean financial organizations that want assured, seamless compliance without the burden of set-up costs and implementation processes. RegAssure provides fast, automated regulatory intelligence that intuitively knows your business needs and can grow with you.
- Help RegBrain shorten iteration cycles by turbo-boosting its NLP expertise. We
believe that quick iteration enables high innovation.
- Keep CUBE at the forefront of the industry regarding its NLP aptitudes. ML is fast
paced and sorting the useful from the rest is very valuable.
- Champion RegBrain’s NLP rigour. Precise language and precise measurement help
the team reach its goals quicker.
- Understand in what quality CUBE’s corpus of regulatory documents impacts general NLP algorithms
- Design and build custom algorithms to produce SOTA results on CUBE’s main NLP
- (Semi-)Automatic Ontology generation
- Ontology labelling
- Semantic embedding of legalese
- Information retrieval
- LLM - KG synergies
- Propose business sensible improvements to existing algorithms.
- Continuously enhance key ML KPIs of deployed features by advancing their NLP
components, be it via embedding improvements or downstream algorithm.
- Define the evaluation strategy for RegBrain’s NLP capabilities, with a focus on
embedding quality. Clearly establish the specific differences working on regulations makes compared to general language tasks.
- Quickly prototype solutions to product feature proposals with baseline/readily
available models to evaluate feasibility
- Improve RegBrain’s internal wiki by owning its NLP component, frequently propose
articles to read in groups.
What we’re looking for:
- A good mix of creativity and rigour.
- A teammate that relentlessly asks questions to move our understanding forward.
- An engineer that understands the tradeoffs that may be made getting a technology
- You are proactive. We will be relying on you to set the standards and raise them. Your work should enable others in the team.
- A can-do attitude. As a mid-size company, pragmatism is key. We need to enable short iteration cycles within the ML team while slowly establishing strong data foundations for its future growth.
- You like working remotely as much as in-person
🌍 Globally, we are one of a kind!
CUBE is a well-established player in Regtech (we were around before Regtech was even a thing!), and our category-defining product is used by leading financial institutions around the world (including Revolut, Citi, and HSBC). We cover over 5,000 issuing bodies in 712 jurisdictions across 180 countries. Substantially more than our closest competitors.
🗽 Freedom, flexibility & progression.
We are the market leader within Regtech, and yet we are constantly evolving and you will have a significant influence over how we develop moving forwards. We will help you realise your full potential and grow into leadership positions across CUBE.
🗣️Internationally collaborative culture
CUBE has more than 300 CUBERs across 11 locations in Europe, the Americas and APAC and we are united by our strong team-oriented culture. You will have the opportunity to work with likeminded colleagues from all over the world, gaining exposure to different cultures and business practices.
🌱 Innovative & meaningful work
We are always exploring new technologies and innovations that can help clients solve complex problems. If you’re someone seeking the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and work on challenging projects that have a real impact then we want to hear from you!
💻 Work life balance
CUBE is a remote first business, you'll be able to design your home office and choose your own work equipment. Unable to work from home one week, or desperate for in-person interaction with colleagues? No problem—book a room in a coworking space or join one of our department monthly team meets (they’re happening all the time!).
🤝 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We believe in equal opportunities and encourage applicants to apply to our open roles regardless of gender, marital status, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, neurodiversity, sexual orientation and/or age and are committed to providing a working environment where everyone is supported to be their authentic best selves.
At CUBE we do our best to implement inclusive hiring processes to build a culture where we value diversity. We are a values driven company who care about growth and learning, therefore recognise we still have long way to go from where we want to be in regards to DE&I.
As part of the application, we ask for personal data for our internal diversity and inclusion bench-marking, so that we can tailor our DE&I strategies and identify opportunities to improve as a business.