Role: Regulatory SME
Location: Australia (Remote-first with occasional travel to Melbourne required)
Recently listed as a "RegTech Top Performer" in Market Fintech's RegTech Supplier Performance Report, CUBE is pioneering the development of machine automated compliance.
We are a global RegTech business defining and implementing the gold standard of regulatory intelligence and change for the financial services industry. We deliver our services through a SaaS platform, powered by an innovative combination of AI and proprietary data ontology, to simplify the complex and everchanging world of compliance for our clients.
At CUBE, we are creating the future and are a company rooted in strong values, team spirit and commitment to our customers and wider communities. We serve some of the largest financial institutions globally and are expanding our footprint very fast. As we do so, we are keen for new talent to join us and realize their full potential to grow into leadership positions within the business.
RegPlatform is a technology platform that streamlines regulatory change management. It provides firms with a one-stop, continuously maintained inventory of global regulations, with effortless horizon scanning, integration capabilities and workflow management. RegPlatform combines industry leading AI technology with expert validated insights to simplify the complexities of multi-jurisdictional regulatory content.
RegBrain allows customers to apply CUBE's AI models directly to their own content, enabling faster release and feedback cycles. Our flagship AI services will be included, spanning structural detection, classification, entity extraction, summarisation, and recommendations. Available to customers and partners as APIs and via a UI.
This role has direct responsibility for maintaining and developing CUBE’s proprietary regulatory Ontology.
- Maintain and develop CUBE’s proprietary regulatory Ontology, enabling appropriate coverage of regulatory content for financial services globally
- Support our technical teams by validating the understanding and relevance of regulatory publications as well as the accuracy of their classifications
- Interpreting regulatory developments and communicating how these will impact customers, as well as the functionality involved when adapting to a product-led business
- Assist customers and CUBE’s project lead throughout the end-to-end implementation projects from initial customer profiling, gathering and delivering requirements, etc to full business readiness
- Once customers are in BAU, ensure unrivalled customer service and deliver high-quality regulatory expertise to optimize how they align their compliance needs to CUBE’s services and capabilities
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience in legal/regulatory compliance functions within the financial services sector.
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks in North America, EU and /or APAC region would be a distinct advantage. We would value deep domain expertise in regulatory obligations for banks and insurance firms in those regions
- Extensive experience with ontology models and Artificial Intelligence tools, interacting with machine and supervised learning models/outputs and providing qualitative and quantitative feedback to data scientists
- Proven track record working in regulatory-driven projects related to Prudential requirements / Capital Markets businesses, Cybersecurity,
- Experience working with data models, regulatory mapping, taxonomies, data lineage, etc
- Expert level Excel skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops and elicit business requirements with minimal supervision
- Organised and passionate about building and delivering customer-centric propositions
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength/flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems, apply critical thinking, and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
🌍 Globally, we are one of a kind!
CUBE are a well-established player within Regtech (we were around before Regtech was even a thing!), and our category-defining product is used by leading financial institutions around the world (including Revolut, Citi, and HSBC). We cover more than 5,000 issuing bodies in 712 jurisdictions across 180 countries. Substantially more than our closest competitors.
🗽 Freedom, flexibility & progression.
We are the market leader within Regtech, and yet we are constantly evolving and you will have a significant influence over how we develop moving forwards. We will help you realise your full potential and grow into leadership positions across CUBE.
🗣️Internationally collaborative culture
With more than 400 CUBERs across 11 locations in Europe, the Americas and APAC, we are united by our strong team-oriented culture. You will have the opportunity to work with likeminded colleagues from all over the world, gaining exposure to different cultures and business practices.
🌱 Innovative & meaningful work
We are always exploring new technologies and innovations that can help clients solve complex problems. If you’re someone seeking the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and work on challenging projects that have a real impact then we want to hear from you!
💻 Work life balance
We’re a remote first business, you'll be able to design your home office and choose your own work equipment. Unable to work from home one week, or desperate for in-person interaction with colleagues? No problem—book a room in a coworking space or join one of our department monthly team meets (they’re happening all the time!).